Technical Solutions Engineer
The Upright Project
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Wanted: We are looking for a Technical Solutions Engineer ready and excited to take on the challenge of making Upright's Net Impact Platform the #1 impact data platform globally. The Upright Platform is currently used by 200+ institutional investment organizations and corporations, mainly in Europe and North America.
Upright's Net Impact Platform produces significant amounts of data that our customers use in many different ways. Together with our customers and engineering teams, Technical Solution Engineers come up with scalable but practical technical solutions to novel customer needs. These solutions often include complex data integrations, data transformations and tooling.
- Produce customer specific data exports using Upright’s data
- Batch-add companies or other securities like Green Bonds into Upright’s company coverage
- Match companies in an institutional investor’s investment universe into Upright’s companies
- Write customer-facing documentation to make self-serve use of Upright’s data easier
You’ll have the freedom to craft your own solutions, looking for the smartest and most automated ways to get the job done. Depending on your interest and skills, you might additionally take an important role in product discovery by helping evolve successful customer-specific solutions into scalable platform features available to all Upright’s customers.
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate who is looking to accelerate their professional growth and thrives in a fast-paced startup context. The exact role will be tailored to fit the background, experience, skill level and interests of the chosen person.
SIGNS FOR BEING A GREAT MATCH WITH THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Solid track record of internal passion for excellence: you have gotten things done clearly better than what was required/expected from you, as you enjoy doing things well
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in STEM
- Sense of urgency and drive to get the job done with tight deadlines
- Proficiency with SQL and Python
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to interface with technical and non-technical customers and Uprighters
- Ability to see the big picture and prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
ADDITIONALLY, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with company disclosures and financial data
- Familiarity with data integrations and REST APIs
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to join a quickly growing and highly ambitious impact SaaS company with a mission that matters
- A fun and kind team with exceptional people who care about what they do
- Exciting professional growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation, including a comprehensive health care package
MISSION THAT MATTERS
Upright is on a mission to incentivize companies to optimize their net impact by enabling science-based decision-making for investors, customers, employees, and public sector agents. To do that, Upright develops a proprietary data model based on an open-access database of 200M+ scientific articles and artificial intelligence to quantify the net impact of companies on people, planet, society, and knowledge creation. In addition to net impact, Upright produces data on UN SDG alignment, EU taxonomy, and EU SFDR PAI indicators. Currently, our impact data platform is used by 200+ institutional investors and companies, such as Nasdaq, Nordea, Royal Bank of Canada, EQT and Nokia.
DEADLINE AND WHO TO CONTACT
Candidates are reviewed on a continuous basis and the role will be filled when the right person is found. If the post is still online, it means we haven't yet found our perfect match :)
If you have any specific questions about the role, you can contact our recruiting coordinator Sonja Rajala via email email@example.com.