Senior software engineer
The Upright Project
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Wanted: We are looking for a Senior software engineer ready and excited to take on the challenge of making Upright's Net Impact Platform the #1 impact data platform globally. The Upright Platform is currently used by 200+ institutional investment organizations and corporations, mainly in Europe and North America. We are now looking for exceptional software engineers to join our platform team and help us take our net impact platform to the next level.
The platform team is responsible for developing Upright's data analytics platform, including both its customer-facing side and internal tools. The team plans, develops and maintains the platform and they also own monitoring and performance metrics. One continuous goal for the team is to make the platform understandable and user-friendly from a layperson’s point of view. The frontend is built with React and the backend in Node, both using TypeScript.
The platform team is currently a compact team of three full-stack software engineers plus a team lead working in an autonomous and proactive manner, taking ownership when tackling development tasks. The team works in an agile fashion, following weekly sprints, and collaborating actively with the data team to get features implemented.
Your exact role in the team will be tailored together during the recruiting process based on your background, experience, skill level, and interests. In general, software development tasks range from the usual bug fixes and implementation of new features, to developing novel algorithms for our net impact model, improving technical infrastructure, or setting up Python microservices to take machine learning solutions to production, amongst others.
SIGNS FOR BEING A GREAT MATCH WITH THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Solid track record of internal passion for excellence: you have gotten things done clearly better than what was required/expected from you, as you enjoy doing things well
- Sense of urgency and drive to get the job done with tight deadlines
- Attention to both the essence as well as details of technical design
- Understanding of the whole software lifecycle including design, development, deployment and operations
- Ability to think analytically, structure your work, and solve problems proactively
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team that includes technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
ADDITIONALLY, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Deep experience of developing distributed, data-intensive software products
- Experience working with machine learning technologies
- Experience with Docker, Elasticsearch, AWS Cloudfront, AWS S3
- Experience programming in Python (including the usual numerical libraries)
- Proficiency in designing user interfaces and UX
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to join a quickly growing and highly ambitious impact SaaS company with a mission that matters
- A fun and kind team with exceptional people who care about what they do
- Exciting professional growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation, including stock options and a comprehensive healthcare package
MISSION THAT MATTERS
Upright is on a mission to incentivize companies to optimize their net impact by enabling science-based decision-making for investors, customers, employees, and public sector agents. To do that, Upright develops a proprietary data model based on an open-access database of 200M+ scientific articles and artificial intelligence to quantify the net impact of companies on people, planet, society, and knowledge creation. In addition to net impact, Upright produces data on UN SDG alignment, EU taxonomy, and EU SFDR PAI indicators. Currently, our impact data platform is used by 200+ institutional investors and companies, such as Nasdaq, Nordea, EQT and Nokia.
DEADLINE AND WHO TO CONTACT
Candidates are reviewed on a continuous basis and the role will be filled when the right person is found. If the post is still online, it means we haven't yet found our perfect match :)
If you have any specific questions about the role, you can contact our recruiting coordinator Sonja Rajala via email firstname.lastname@example.org.