Purpose of the job:
Do you have downhole drilling tool experience? Do you want to be part of the Geothermal energy revolution and develop innovative new technologies to drill deeper, hotter, and more cost-effectively than ever before? If the answer is yes to both, come join the team at GA Drilling, a global leader in hard, hot rock drilling, and help make Geothermal Anywhere a reality.
We seek a seasoned mechanical designer with 5+ years of experience, with personal responsibility for mechanical design, drawing/document management. Work with the engineering team to support best design and engineering practices and improve company processes.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to develop unique and innovative technological solutions which have the potential to change the world.
- The satisfaction of solving challenges associated with making ultra-deep geothermal energy a commercial reality.
- Be part of an experienced and highly motivated team.
- Competitive industry benefits – 401k, Medical and Paid Time Off
Your job will be:
- Personal responsibility for ensuring design documentation adheres to GA Drilling’s standards and supports the development of GA Drilling’s technology and business
- Use design skills, experience and judgment to create designs that meet the requirements of the technology program
- Designing and participating in developing drilling tools from concept brainstorming through delivery
- Designing and supporting engineering designs and documentation in accordance with GA Drilling processes to advance our state of the art technology
- Generate quality engineering documentation, including drawings, Bill of Materials, and support documentation
- Participate in assembly and servicing new technology to support its advancement and evaluation
- Collaborate with other business functions, including QHSE, procurement, manufacturing, and quality
- Collaborate with external suppliers and project partners
- Contribute to technical risk management
- Support a positive and pro-active HSE culture and ensure that all activities adhere to HSE Policy
- To be Innovative, Conceptual & Creative within a New Product Introduction environment.
We will be glad to meet you, if you have:
- 5+ years of Mechanical design fundamentals
- Experienced in development of complex electro-mechanical tools and systems advantageous
- Design and prepare drawings, workflows, and assembly procedures
- Ability to manage and optimize design processes in addition to PLM and ECO processes
- Ability to drive integration of engineering process within business systems
- Communication, delegation and teamwork
- Ability to work independently to execute a project plan based on general direction
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback towards the goal of a better, more reliable product and processes
- INVENTOR – ADVANCED, AUTODESK VAULT
- Analytical thinking, Mechanical design , Team Leadership, Pragmatic and able to make decisions based on business priorities