Senior Mechanical Engineer
GA Drilling Ltd
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Back to careers
- August 19, 2022
- Share the position
Place of Business Houston, Texas, US
Turn-out Date asap
Salary Dependent upon experience
Purpose of the job:
Do you have downhole drilling tool experience? Do you want to be part of the Geothermal energy revolution and develop innovative new technologies to drill deeper, hotter, and more cost-effectively than ever before? If the answer is yes to both, come join the team at GA Drilling, a global leader in hard, hot rock drilling, and help make Geothermal Anywhere a reality.
We seek a seasoned Mechanical Engineer with 15+ years of experience in downhole drilling tool design. The ideal candidate will be equally well versed in design, analysis and test of downhole tools and drilling systems and able to excel in a fast paced, start-up type environment.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to develop unique and innovative technological solutions which have the potential to change the world.
- The satisfaction of solving challenges associated with making ultra-deep geothermal energy a commercial reality.
- Be part of an experienced and highly motivated team.
- Collaborate with the world’s top industry players.
- Standard industry benefits – 401k, Medical and Paid Time Off
Your job will be:
- Mechanical design, analysis and test of downhole drilling and associated technologies
- Use engineering skills and best practice to create designs that meet requirements.
- Design and developing drilling tools from concept through to commercialization.
- Design, build and operate equipment in accordance with GA Drilling processes to ensure that it is safe, reliable, and efficient.
- Generate quality engineering documentation, including drawings, calculations, procedures, and reports.
- Engineering analysis to support the design and material selection.
- Use analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgment to recommend the most suitable option.
- Collaborate with other business functions, including QHSE, procurement, manufacturing, and quality.
- Collaborate with external suppliers and project partners.
- Contribute to technical risk management.
- Setting budgets, timescales, and specifications with managers
- Support a positive and pro-active HSE culture and ensure that all activities adhere to HSE Policy
- To be Innovative, Conceptual & Creative within a New Product Introduction environment.
We will be glad to meet you, if you have:
- 15+ years of relevant Mechanical Engineering inclusive of Mechanical Design
- Strong Mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Experienced in design of complex drilling tools and systems
- Full cycle experience – design, build, test, and delivery of complex mechanical and electro-mechanical systems
- Deep fundamental understanding of machine design
- Hydraulics experience advantageous
- Communication, delegation and teamwork
- Ability to work independently to execute a project plan based on general direction
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback towards the goal of a better, more reliable product
- Design justification via analysis, calculations, and simulations – FEA, Stress, and sytems would be advantageous
- INVENTOR – ADVANCED, AUTODESK VAULT, CFD/FEA ADVANCED
- Analytical thinking, Mechanical design , Team Leadership, Pragmatic and able to make decisions based on business priorities
- Education – BSME / MSME
Send us Your CV
GA Drilling, a. s.
841 07 BRATISLAVA, Slovakia
How to get here
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.