Purpose of the job:
Act as the principal electrical engineering authority, with personal responsibility for overseeing best engineering practices across all technology programmes, sign off and review other electrical engineers’ designs, personally undertake some of the more complex design or calculation tasks as required and provide specialist engineering advice and mentoring in the Electrical engineering discipline, leadership role in Electrical Design for Manufacturing with Supply Chain.
What we do offer:
- Opportunity to be part of a team of top experts who develop a unique technology solution with a major impact on climate
- Cooperate with the world’s top industry partners
- Participate in making ultra-deep geothermal energy a commercial reality
- Professional high-performance team
- Flexible working arrangements
Your job will be:
Area: Programme definition & execution, design standards, reviews
- Ensuring that electrical design solutions in all technology programmes are fit for purpose, integrated & optimized, affordable, and meet functional specifications and execution plan. Close cooperation with Technical Leads and Project Manager.
- Developing and implementing engineering specifications for new projects, data sheets, and project plans with the Project Manager, Technical Lead, and other engineers to develop an integrated design
Area: Technical team mentoring and support
- Providing mentoring and technical support to all electrical engineers during the design process, including peer-reviewing and checking designs created by other electrical engineers to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensuring that appropriate design review activities are performed in a timely manner.
- Consulting with engineers in other disciplines to ensure that designs are compatible with other systems used in the product
- Ensuring competent people are deployed in functional work, and periodic forecasting of resources are accurate and timely.
- Ensuring subject matter experts are appropriately and adequately engaged in a timely manner
- Working as part of a technology programme design team delivering detailed design
- Leading a critical Programme and technical meetings, overseeing the technical quality and standards
Area: Complex design, troubleshooting
- Taking on significant elements of the detailed design and more complex electrical design tasks as required personally
- Troubleshooting problems with existing electrical designs
- Working remotely but available to attend site meetings, testing site investigation as needed
Area: Standards, risks identification, reports, lessons learned
- Ensuring appropriate and adequate design standards and practices are deployed and deliverables and solutions generated are safe, legal, and adequately underpinned.
- Ensuring functional technical, safety, and engineering risks are identified.
- Preparing reports on findings and recommendations based on testing results
Area: New technologies, product improvements, new tools
- Researching new technologies related to their field of work, which could contribute to improve drilling with downhole tools
- Conducting feasibility studies to determine whether new products are viable or if there are better alternatives available
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry standards, codes, and regulations regarding the engineering field in which they are working
We will be glad to know you, if you have:
- Leadership in electrical engineering, mentorship, troubleshooting in order to deliver complex electrical & Electro-Mechanical engineering in the scope of Workloads & Projects
- Excel in analog design, high power engineering
- Excel in simulations and design justification via analysis and calculation
- Computer aided design
- Knowledge of relevant standards and legislation
- Communication, delegation and teamwork
- Capable of working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Data analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Technical background within Design, Analysis, and Calculations for sign-offs
- Industries: Oil & Gas – Energy – Nuclear – Aero Space – Automotive
- Altium, Matlab, Simulink, Spice
- 20+ years of Electrical Engineering, inclusive of Analog Design
- Analytical thinking, Mechanical design , Team Leadership, Pragmatic and able to make decisions based on business priorities
- Education – HNC / HND / BSc / MSc / PHD